Among the recognized benefits of doing regular aerobic exercise are:
- Strengthening the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
- Strengthening and enlarging the heart muscle, to improve its pumping efficiency and reduce the resting heart rate, known
as aerobic conditioning
- Strengthening muscles throughout the body
- Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure
- Increasing the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating transport of oxygen
- Improved mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression
- Reducing the risk for diabetes.
- Burns body fat, while building leaner muscle.
As a result, aerobic exercise can reduce the risk of death due to cardiovascular problems. In addition, high-impact aerobic
activities (such as jogging or using a skipping rope) can stimulate bone growth, as well as reduce the risk of osteoporosis
for both men and women.
Enter supporting content here